Compatible Printers and Paper
Printers Compatible with zkipsterA thermal label printer is necessary for Name Badge Printing to work. Currently, the only compatible devices are the Brother QL-710W, Brother QL720NW and the Brother QL-810W and QL820NWB series printers .
You can purchase one of these directly from BrotherMall or rent them from choose2rent.com.There are other services out there, but these have worked well with us in the past.
Paper Options compatible with PrintersThe printer functions use two types of paper: adhesive or non-adhesive.
Both varieties come in the same color options: white, clear, or yellow. You can purchase the paper in a continuous roll, which can make custom length nametags using the zkipster app.
We supports the following paper types from Brother:
- DKN5224: 2.1 in x 100 ft (54 mm x 30.4 m) Black on White Non-Adhesive Continuous Length Paper Tape
- DK4605: 2.4 in x 100 ft (62 mm x 30.4 m) Black on Yellow Removable Continuous Length Paper Tape
- DK4205: 2.4 in x 100 ft (62 mm x 30.4 m) Black on White Removable Continuous Length Paper Tape
- DK2212: 2.4 in x 50 ft (62 mm x 15.2 m) Black on White Continuous Length Film Tape
- DK2205: 2.4 in x 100 ft (62 mm x 30.4 m) Black on White Continuous Length Paper Tape
- DK2113: 2.4 in x 50 ft (62 mm x 15.2 m) Black on Clear Continuous Length Film Tape
- DK1209: 1.1 in x 2.4 in (28.9 mm x 62 mm) Small Address White Paper Labels (800 Labels)
- DK1208: 1.4 in x 3.5 in (38 mm x 90.3 mm) Large Address White Paper Labels (400 Labels)
- DK1202: 2.4 in x 3.9 in (62 mm x 100 mm) Shipping White Paper Labels (300 Labels)
- DK1201: 1.1 in x 3.5 in (29 mm x 90.3 mm) Standard Address White Paper Labels (400 labels)
Installing Your PaperTo install,
- Open the plastic cover, and
- Insert whichever size roll that you’d like.
- The larger sizes will have both sides of its plastic holder aligned with the sides of the printer.
- For the skinnier rolls, simply align one side of the plastic with one side of the printer. Make sure that the paper side of the roll is facing upwards.
- Now feed the paper through,
- Close the plastic cover,
- Press cut,
- You’re ready to go!
And always remember if you have a quick question or need support click on the smiling face on the bottom right and our team will get in touch quickly!
Was this article helpful?