zkipster Invites Initial Set Up - Who Invites will be Sent From and Who They are Sent To
So you want to create an invitation, save the date, or event reminder email to send to your guests? You can create as many custom invitations as you like through zkipster by using the basic templates we provide and customizing them with your own banner images and content.
This article will walk you through how to set up your Guest Segments for sending.
Select a Template
- Select the template that makes the most sense for you invite
- Save the Date, Reminder, Thank You and stand alone emails are all templates that can be edited and won't have a form.
- RSVP and Email and Response form Templates will be used for when sending your RSVP invites.
- Stand alone form will be used if you have an HMTL email or are using a form outside of zkipster with a public URL.
- HTML email will be used if your team has an HTML file ready to send out invites with. NOTE: zkipster offers zero support for the code itself.
Setting up Email Subject and Sender
- Internal Name. NOTE: Make the title of your Invitation as relevant as possible. You may be sending multiple invites to those that haven’t confirmed so come up with a naming convention that makes the most sense for you!
- Email Subject line - The main headline of the email message
- From Name - The name guests see associated with the email headline.
- Reply to email - The email guests will reply to with any questions or feedback.
- Sender email - You can use firstname.lastname@example.org that we have as a default, but we always recommend verifying your own email and website domains.
Segmenting Guests for Sending Invites
- Select to send to a single list, or multiple guest lists at the same time.
- Add individual emails and guest names by typing in the first few letters of their name.
- Segment who the invite will be sent to.
- Send to Entire Guest List. This will most likely be your choice for your first send out
- Filter your guests by their status of Unconfirmed, Confirmed, Checked-In, or Declined. This will come in handy when you send follow up emails or RSVP reminders.
- When using zkipster RSVP invites form should be set to Private and Taking Responses
- Click Next
Now you will be directed to the next page to edit your email template.
And always remember if you have a quick question or need support click on the smiling face on the bottom right and our team will get in touch quickly!
Was this article helpful?